Oncology Float Pool RN
Location: Baltimore, Maryland US
Requisition Number: JH187457
Our Oncology Registered Nurse Float Pool is designed to supplement inpatient and outpatient staffing in our Comprehensive Cancer Center. Our adult patients have solid or liquid tumors and are being treated with surgical interventions, radiation therapies, standard of care and research chemo, and immunotherapies. Care is delivered on a continuum that incorporates acute, intermediate and critical care nursing services.
Shifts: 12 Hour Day Shifts
- BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- RN work experience required
- Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
The Supplemental Float Pool Nurse is responsible for:
- Rotating across all inpatient and outpatient oncology nursing units supporting just in time nursing services
- Supporting primary nurses by delivering competent age appropriate clinical care at the acute, IMC and critical care levels, adjusting the level of care to meet the patients clinical needs
- Coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
- Providing direction to other team members to promote quality, safety, and excellence in care.
- Providing evidence-based patient care based on the nursing process policy, procedures, and protocols.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize patient care outcomes.
- Participating and promoting quality clinical improvement by supporting departmental and hospital safety standards.
- Practicing and promoting responsible cost-effective use of resources.
- Completing all identified annual requirements and competencies for patient population, unit, department, and institution.
- Participating in the performance appraisal process.
- Consistently demonstrates organization’s core values.
Community / Marketing Title: Oncology Float Pool RN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland US
Job Number: 19531