RN - GI Surgery Step Down Unit
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: OMREQ_00043716-B
This job is considered a leader in the provision of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the framework of the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code for Nurses and Scope & Standards of Practice. The RN effectively delegates, directs and assists licensed and ancillary team members; assumes accountability for quality patient outcomes; exhibits sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and religious diversity in all interactions; maintains involvement in activities aimed toward the achievement of unit and the department’s strategic goals and objectives and demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability for his/her own practice and supports our philosophy of nursing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at our discretion.
Required - Registered Nurse Diploma
Preferred - Associates or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Required – None
Required - Current RN License in the state of practice
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Preferred - Certification in clinical specialty area
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills and self-directed
- Demonstrates good judgement
- Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
- Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
- Communicates, delegates and manages nursing team resources (human and fiscal) properly and serves as a leader and partner on the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Utilizes data, information and knowledge to evaluate and promote change in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Embraces concepts and behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction and employee morale and improvement in the profession of nursing.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required.
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: RN - GI Surgery Step Down Unit
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 19541