RN - Med Tele Stepdown Unit
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Requisition Number: OMREQ_00056531
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at our discretion.
Required - Registered Nurse Diploma
Preferred - Associates or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Required – None
Required - Current RN License in the state of practice
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
Preferred - Certification in clinical specialty area
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills and self-directed
- Demonstrates good judgement
- Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
- Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
- Communicates, delegates and manages nursing team resources (human and fiscal) properly and serves as a leader and partner on the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Utilizes data, information and knowledge to evaluate and promote change in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Embraces concepts and behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction and employee morale and improvement in the profession of nursing.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required.
City: New Orleans
Community / Marketing Title: RN - Med Tele Stepdown Unit
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Orleans, Louisiana US
Job Number: 19544