Cath Lab RN
Location: St. Louis, Missouri US
Requisition Number: BJ1192366-10047772
The Cardiac Cath Lab, a division of the Cardiovascular Procedure Center, is on the leading edge of technology. Patients have been among the first to benefit from advanced angioplasty techniques, valvuloplasty and percutaneous valve replacements. The Cardiac Cath Lab has a 97% success rate in acute interventional cases and a current rate of 100% of STEMI patients receiving emergency percutaneous cardiac intervention within 90 minutes. The Staff Nurse (RN) is an integral part of the patient care team using critical thinking skills, clinical expertise and critical care skills to continually assess the patients' hemodynamic, neurologic and respiratory response to the varied procedures performed in the lab. The Staff Nurse (RN) is responsible for administering conscious sedation to patients during these procedures as well continually assessing their level of sedation and managing their airway. The Staff Nurse (RN) always puts the patients’ needs first by being a patient advocate in all aspects of care.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's Degree
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
City: St. Louis
Community / Marketing Title: Cath Lab RN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: St. Louis, Missouri US
Job Number: 19552