Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Critical Care Services Flex Team
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Requisition Number: FLEX-CC
The Critical Care Services Flex Team offers nurses a unique opportunity to impact the lives of patients and their families in a diverse healthcare environment. In this role, you will become a part of a community of nurses who provide high-quality patient care across several local facilities and in a range of specialty units within each facility. You will learn and grow in a supportive and inclusive environment where you can fully apply your experience and passion—and truly make a difference. It’s everything you love about per diem or travel nursing—competitive pay and benefits, a variety of work experiences, and schedule flexibility—with the added benefits of regular work hours, the stability of full-time or part-time employment, and the support of clinical leadership. We also offer Relocation Assistance.
In this role, the AMN Critical Care Services Flex Team RN will provide professional comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment within a variety of specialty units, settings and, healthcare facilities.
- Provide compassionate patient care and reviews, and administer patient medications, treatments, and procedures in a safe, effective, and age-appropriate manner that meets the scope of practice and standards of nursing.
- Communicate with the physician regarding changes in each patient’s clinical condition, including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies, and abnormal results and symptomatology.
- Coordinate care for complex ICU patients
- Respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition and/or response to treatment.
- Operate equipment related to the delivery of care in an ICU/PACU setting.
- Interpret and treat cardiac arrhythmias and titrate and manage vasoactive drips, as directed per physician’s orders.
- Participate in patient/family teaching, working cooperatively with members of the healthcare team.
- Provide an optimal patient care experience by actively listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Manage communication with families
This position reports to the nurse manager of the assigned nursing department or unit and is accountable to the PSJH chief nursing executive and AMN chief clinical officer.
- Experience in one or more of the following: intensive care, step-down, and post-anesthesia care units
- RN experience and active, current, unrestricted CA license
- Graduate of an RN program—BSN degree preferred
- Completion of critical care course preferred
- Ventilator management experience preferred
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) preferred
- CPI training preferred
- Critical Care RN (CCRN) certification preferred
- BLS/CPR certification (Issued by the American Heart Association)
- ACLS and NIH Stroke Scale certifications (certifications may vary by specialty)
Location of Facilities
The city of Los Angeles (also known as the "City of Angels") is home to more than 17 million people who hail from all parts of the globe—making it the second-most populous city in the United States. Although it’s known for the film-making industry, LA sits along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world and is also surrounded by both mountains and beautiful Southern California deserts. Ask anyone why they live in Los Angeles, and a familiar cliché will emerge: "Los Angeles is the place where dreams come true." This intoxicating mix of free-spirited hope and relentless ambition is one of the defining characteristic of Los Angeles residents.
As an integral member of the AMN Flex Team, you will enjoy a number of benefits to help you advance in your career.
- Flexibility: Choose when and where you work through the AMN Hub mobile app self-scheduling feature
- Stability: Regular hours and market-leading compensation and benefits package
- Camaraderie: Belong to an exclusive team that cultivates collaboration and community
- Growth: Gain valuable hands-on experience in a variety of specialty units
- Coaching: Benefit from career coaching and additional professional development opportunities
- Support: Take advantage of 24/7 access to an AMN clinical manager for support and issue resolution
- Guidance: Receive comprehensive, standardized onboarding and orientation to prepare you for success from Day 1
- Engagement: Connect with your peers through AMN focus-groups, town hall meetings, and more
About The Company
AMN Healthcare, the leading innovator in workforce solutions with nearly 30 years of staffing experience across per diem, travel, and short-term nursing, has partnered with top-ranked healthcare facilities to provide permanent nursing staff opportunities to qualified clinicians.
With award-winning brands such as Nursefinders®, American Mobile Healthcare®, and Onward Healthcare®, AMN delivers the most comprehensive pool of healthcare professionals to meet our clients’ needs. Our network of nurses, physicians, and allied professionals is the largest and most qualified in the United States, due to our innovative recruitment, multibrand, and quality assurance strategies.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/disability/protected veteran employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
City: Los Angeles
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Critical Care Services Flex Team
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 19563