Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Behavioral Services Flex Team
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Requisition Number: FLEX-BH
The Behavioral Services Flex Team offers nurses a unique opportunity to impact the lives of patients and their families in a diverse healthcare environment. In this role, you will become a part of a community of nurses who provide high-quality patient care across several local facilities and in a range of specialty units within each facility. You will learn and grow in a supportive and inclusive environment where you can fully apply your experience and passion—and truly make a difference. It’s everything you love about per diem or travel nursing—competitive pay and benefits, a variety of work experiences, and schedule flexibility—with the added benefits of regular work hours, the stability of full-time or part-time employment, and the support of clinical leadership. We also offer Relocation Assistance.
In this role, the AMN Behavioral Health Services Flex Team RN will provide professional comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment within a variety of specialty units and healthcare facilities. This position reports to the nurse manager of the assigned nursing department or unit and is accountable to the PSJH chief nursing executive and AMN chief clinical officer.
Service Line Description
- Collaborate with physicians and the nursing team to coordinate care and treatment of the adult behavioral health patient across the continuum of care, from admission to discharge.
- Perform procedures and techniques used in the care and treatment of psychiatric patients.
- Use professional judgment to ascertain and apply appropriate intervention techniques, including de-escalation techniques, with patients in crises.
- Assess and treat symptoms and behavior patterns—including substance abuse, withdrawal, and detoxification—of emotionally disturbed and mentally ill patients.
- Prepare and administer medications, including psychotropic drugs.
- Conduct or facilitate group and individual psychotherapy, per physician’s orders
- Previous work experience as an RN in one of more of the following patient care units: behavioral health and chemical dependency
- Knowledge of regulations, laws, and standards of care pertaining to psychiatric nursing and the treatment of the mentally and emotionally disturbed patients
- RN experience and an active, current unrestricted CA license
- Graduate of an RN program—BSN degree preferred
- National certification in specialty area preferred
- CPI training preferred
- BLS/CPR certificate of education/training (issued by the American Heart Association)
Location of Facilities
The city of Los Angeles (also known as the "City of Angels") is home to more than 17 million people who hail from all parts of the globe—making it the second-most populous city in the United States. Although it’s known for the film-making industry, LA sits along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world and is also surrounded by both mountains and beautiful Southern California deserts. Ask anyone why they live in Los Angeles, and a familiar cliché will emerge: "Los Angeles is the place where dreams come true." This intoxicating mix of free-spirited hope and relentless ambition is one of the defining characteristic of Los Angeles residents.
As an integral member of the AMN Flex Team, you will enjoy a number of benefits to help you advance in your career.
- Flexibility: Choose when and where you work through the AMN Hub mobile app self-scheduling feature
- Stability: Regular hours and market-leading compensation and benefits package
- Camaraderie: Belong to an exclusive team that cultivates collaboration and community
- Growth: Gain valuable hands-on experience in a variety of specialty units
- Coaching: Benefit from career coaching and additional professional development opportunities
- Support: Take advantage of 24/7 access to an AMN clinical manager for support and issue resolution
- Guidance: Receive comprehensive, standardized onboarding and orientation to prepare you for success from Day 1
- Engagement: Connect with your peers through AMN focus-groups, town hall meetings, and more
About The Company
AMN Healthcare, the leading innovator in workforce solutions with nearly 30 years of staffing experience across per diem, travel, and short-term nursing, has partnered with top-ranked healthcare facilities to provide permanent nursing staff opportunities to qualified clinicians.
With award-winning brands such as Nursefinders®, American Mobile Healthcare®, and Onward Healthcare®, AMN delivers the most comprehensive pool of healthcare professionals to meet our clients’ needs. Our network of nurses, physicians, and allied professionals is the largest and most qualified in the United States, due to our innovative recruitment, multibrand, and quality assurance strategies.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/disability/protected veteran employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
City: Los Angeles
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Behavioral Services Flex Team
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 19565