Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Medical Surgical Services Flex Team
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Requisition Number: FLEX-MS
The Medical Surgical Flex Team offers nurses a unique opportunity to impact the lives of patients and their families in a diverse healthcare environment. In this role, you will become a part of a community of nurses who provide high-quality patient care across several local facilities and in a range of specialty units within each facility. You will learn and grow in a supportive and inclusive environment where you can fully apply your experience and passion—and truly make a difference. It’s everything you love about per diem or travel nursing—competitive pay and benefits, a variety of work experiences, and schedule flexibility—with the added benefits of regular work hours, the stability of full-time or part-time employment, and the support of clinical leadership. We also offer Relocation Assistance.
In this role, the AMN Medical Surgical Services Flex Team RN will provide professional comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment within a variety of specialty units, settings, and healthcare facilities.
Patient population includes adult to geriatric patients with cardiac, medical surgical, and oncology conditions.
- Care for oncology/medical-surgical and telemetry patients requiring nursing observation/management for the conditions/therapies including but not limited to medical-surgical and non-invasive procedures, cardiac drip titration, dysrhythmia interpretation and management, IV Infusion/chemotherapy, biologics, blood transfusions, and acute and chronic pain, and symptom management.
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized goal-directed nursing care.
- Collaborate with the patient and healthcare team to assess, plan, implement, and/or evaluate the patient's plan of care.
- Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
This position reports to the nurse manager of the assigned nursing department or unit and is accountable to the PSJH Chief Nursing Executive and AMN Chief Clinical Officer.
- Experience in one of more of the following: medical surgical, telemetry, oncology, and infusion center
- Oncology or IV/chemo/infusion experience
- Telemetry interpretation and management experience
- RN experience and an active, current unrestricted CA license
- Graduate of an RN program—BSN degree preferred
- National certification in specialty area preferred
- BLS/CPR certification (issued by the American Heart Association)
- ACLS, ONS/ONCC, NIH Stroke Scale certifications (may vary by specialty)
Location of Facilities
The city of Los Angeles (also known as the "City of Angels") is home to more than 17 million people who hail from all parts of the globe—making it the second-most populous city in the United States. Although it’s known for the film-making industry, LA sits along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world and is also surrounded by both mountains and beautiful Southern California deserts. Ask anyone why they live in Los Angeles, and a familiar cliché will emerge: "Los Angeles is the place where dreams come true." This intoxicating mix of free-spirited hope and relentless ambition is one of the defining characteristic of Los Angeles residents.
As an integral member of the AMN Flex Team, you will enjoy a number of benefits to help you advance in your career.
- Flexibility: Choose when and where you work through the AMN Hub mobile app self-scheduling feature
- Stability: Regular hours and market-leading compensation and benefits package
- Camaraderie: Belong to an exclusive team that cultivates collaboration and community
- Growth: Gain valuable hands-on experience in a variety of specialty units
- Coaching: Benefit from career coaching and additional professional development opportunities
- Support: Take advantage of 24/7 access to an AMN clinical manager for support and issue resolution
- Guidance: Receive comprehensive, standardized onboarding and orientation to prepare you for success from Day 1
- Engagement: Connect with your peers through AMN focus-groups, town hall meetings, and more
About The Company
AMN Healthcare, the leading innovator in workforce solutions with nearly 30 years of staffing experience across per diem, travel, and short-term nursing, has partnered with top-ranked healthcare facilities to provide permanent nursing staff opportunities to qualified clinicians.
With award-winning brands such as Nursefinders®, American Mobile Healthcare®, and Onward Healthcare®, AMN delivers the most comprehensive pool of healthcare professionals to meet our clients’ needs. Our network of nurses, physicians, and allied professionals is the largest and most qualified in the United States, due to our innovative recruitment, multibrand, and quality assurance strategies.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/disability/protected veteran employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
City: Los Angeles
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Medical Surgical Services Flex Team
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 19566