Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Maternal Child Services Flex Team
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Requisition Number: FLEX-MC
The Maternal Child Services Flex Team offers nurses a unique opportunity to impact the lives of patients and their families in a diverse healthcare environment. In this role, you will become a part of a community of nurses who provide high-quality patient care across several local facilities and in a range of specialty units within each facility. You will learn and grow in a supportive and inclusive environment where you can fully apply your experience and passion—and truly make a difference. It’s everything you love about per diem or travel nursing—competitive pay and benefits, a variety of work experiences, and schedule flexibility—with the added benefits of regular work hours, the stability of full-time or part-time employment, and the support of clinical leadership. We also offer Relocation Assistance.
In this role, the AMN Maternal Child Services Flex Team RN will provide professional comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment within a variety of specialty units and healthcare facilities. This position reports to the nurse manager of the assigned nursing department or unit and is accountable to the PSJH chief nursing executive and AMN chief clinical officer.
Service Line Description
Approximately 5,000 deliveries annually, high-risk inpatient care, Level 2 & 3 NICU
- Educate and support mothers and their families regarding pregnancy, the birth process, and newborn care
- Provide quality care to women and their newborns across the continuum of services, from admission to discharge home
- Care for patients throughout the antepartum, intrapartum, and/or postpartum phases of maternal-fetal and newborn care
- Provide quality care with an inter-professional team for patients with high-risk factors and additional issues
- Monitor, interpret, and document fetal heart patterns consistent with professional standards of care
- Manage the care of premature infants or infants experiencing severe and often life-threatening issues requiring complex assessment as well as intensive therapies and interventions
- Provide quality and safe mother-baby care and education to parents and families
- Previous work experience as an RN in one of more of the following patient care units:
- Labor and delivery, OB OR, OB PACU, mother-baby care, nursery, NICU
- Graduate of an RN program—BSN degree preferred
- RN experience and an active, current unrestricted CA license
- BLS/CPR certificate of education/training (issued by the American Heart Association)
- Other certificates of education: ACLS, NRP, AWHONN Advance FHM, STABLE, Basic/Advanced EKG
- National certification in specialty areas: NCC-EFM, RNC-INOB, RNC-MNN, RNC- LRN, RNC-NIC
Location of Facilities
The city of Los Angeles (also known as the "City of Angels") is home to more than 17 million people who hail from all parts of the globe—making it the second-most populous city in the United States. Although it’s known for the film-making industry, LA sits along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world and is also surrounded by both mountains and beautiful Southern California deserts. Ask anyone why they live in Los Angeles, and a familiar cliché will emerge: "Los Angeles is the place where dreams come true." This intoxicating mix of free-spirited hope and relentless ambition is one of the defining characteristic of Los Angeles residents.
As an integral member of the AMN Flex Team, you will enjoy a number of benefits to help you advance in your career.
- Flexibility: Choose when and where you work through the AMN Hub mobile app self-scheduling feature
- Stability: Regular hours and market-leading compensation and benefits package
- Camaraderie: Belong to an exclusive team that cultivates collaboration and community
- Growth: Gain valuable hands-on experience in a variety of specialty units
- Coaching: Benefit from career coaching and additional professional development opportunities
- Support: Take advantage of 24/7 access to an AMN clinical manager for support and issue resolution
- Guidance: Receive comprehensive, standardized onboarding and orientation to prepare you for success from Day 1
- Engagement: Connect with your peers through AMN focus-groups, town hall meetings, and more
About The Company
AMN Healthcare, the leading innovator in workforce solutions with nearly 30 years of staffing experience across per diem, travel, and short-term nursing, has partnered with top-ranked healthcare facilities to provide permanent nursing staff opportunities to qualified clinicians.
With award-winning brands such as Nursefinders®, American Mobile Healthcare®, and Onward Healthcare®, AMN delivers the most comprehensive pool of healthcare professionals to meet our clients’ needs. Our network of nurses, physicians, and allied professionals is the largest and most qualified in the United States, due to our innovative recruitment, multibrand, and quality assurance strategies.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/disability/protected veteran employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
City: Los Angeles
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse (RN) — AMN Maternal Child Services Flex Team
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 19567