Medical Lab Tech/Oncology
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: NV1654
*Must be a graduate of a Medical Technology Program and have your ASCP certification (American Society of Clinical pathologist).
Test Patient specimens using automated scientific techniques , analyze and report results in a professional manner. Demonstrate and apply the theoretical concepts of clinical laboratory medicine using independent judgment and following CMS CLIA guidelines to maintain compliance and certificate
1) Perform routine and stat testing of patient specimens according to established procedures to ensure timely and accurate results. Report critical results when needed
2) Perform, document and interpret Quality Control procedures to ensure validity of results
3) Perform and document routine maintenance and troubleshooting on instruments
4) Perform phlebotomy duties for timely collection and processing of specimens
5) Perform Calibration and Proficiency testing needed to provide accurate and precise results
6) Monitor and stock supplies
Education: Position requires a minimum of a high school diploma, ASCP certification (American Society of Clinical pathologist) and graduate from a medical technology program.
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Lab Tech/Oncology
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 19619