Patient Care Tech
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: NV2026
Provides assistance with patient care activities and other unit tasks under the general supervision of licensed professional staff and as directed by the manager.
1. Provides physical care to assigned patients and performs technical skills such as point of care (POC) testing.
2. Implements nursing orders promptly and adequately with an understanding of the purpose of each.
3. Follows policy and procedure for assigned patient care activities, including unit specific equipment &
4. Provides patient comfort by positioning, extra bathing, straightening linens, putting personal articles within
reach with courtesy and responsiveness.
5. Provides for patient safety through preventative measures (i.e. side rails, restraints, bed/chair exit alarm, and
6. Enters all data into the computer system as applicable.
7. Communicates all patient and visitor information & observations to the appropriate person.
8. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of
the principles of growth and development over the life span.
9. Reports and/or records any changes observed in the condition or behavior of patient; reports all unusual
conditions or reactions to the nurse in charge.
10. Recognizes and responds to priorities in the patient care process. Responds to priorities promptly; exercises
good judgement in setting priorities for activities.
11. Uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients, and significant others.
12. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment & a clean, well-stocked work area. Assists with maintaining
13. Works as a Safety Attendant/Patient Sitter by providing a safe environment to specific patients. Follows
WCHN standards of service excellence.
14. Attends staff meetings. Reads/signs 100% of meeting minutes.
15. Maintains competency for Basic Life Support certification.
16. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of zero to six months job-related experience.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience in a hospital environment is preferred but not required.
Active CNA certification is preferred. BLS/CPR required within 90 days of start date or upon completion of orientation process (before being released from orientation and functioning independently) whichever comes first.
Community / Marketing Title: Patient Care Tech
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 19620